No matter what type of business web designers are asked to build a website for, common elements will be included in every website. That will extend to certain pages too. For example, all websites have a home page, which visitors land on when they enter the website’s main URL in their browser or when clicking through from a search on Google.
However, the exact opposite is true, and if a website’s owner were to take steps concerning how these pages are designed and the content which goes into them, they would find that these pages can indeed help conversion rates on their website. In particular, three common website pages are often given little thought: the FAQ page, the “About Us” page, and the “Why Choose Us” page.
Below are details of each page and how they can be transmuted into high-conversion pages.
Frequently Asked Questions Page
There are several reasons why you want an excellent FAQ page. The obvious one is that it helps your visitors get answers to questions they may have, the answers to which might be enough to convince them to purchase or provide their details for a follow-up.
An FAQ page is also a great way to have additional content on your website, and if it is optimised properly, it can assist in your SEO and efforts to improve your website’s rankings. A handful of suggestions for your FAQ page are:
- Incorporating an extensive array of conceivable queries
- Positioning the most recurrently posed questions at the apex of the page
- Categorising clusters of questions under pertinent headings
- Include an option for accessing further support
About Us page
Your “About Us” page is where you can build trust and authority with your website’s visitors, but so many businesses get this wrong and have a page with a mere two or three lines. Even if you are a new business without a history, you, as the business owner, and others you will be building the business with do have histories.
In either scenario, ensure that your “About Us” page achieves the following:
- Establishes your passion, expertise, and experience
- Provides details of the people behind the business
- Has key business information that you know your prospects will want to know
- Highlights photographs of your team to humanise the business.
Why Choose Us page
This page will tell your visitors what sets your business, products, or services apart from your competition. Here, you will showcase what you offer and aim to stand out from the crowd within your marketplace. Essential elements of a great “Why Choose Us” page include:
- Identifying your prospects’ pain points and stating why you can help
- Giving examples of who you have worked with or served before
- Highlighting awards and industry recognition
- Showing testimonials, or even better, case studies
- Having a clear call to action telling prospects what to do next